Monday, May 4, 2009

Beyond the Page - Gallery 1988

Friday night I attended the Beyond the Page show at Gallery 1988 with my friends Gene and Ashleigh. The show features work by a number of artists, (including Gene) who interpreted their favorite Children's books. There were quite a number of "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak. (This is probably in reaction to the buzz and excitement about the new film coming out.. and in case you've been under a rock for the last few months, check out the trailer below)



Here are some photos from the opening














Gene's pieces







To see all of the work from Beyond the Page, click here.

Then Gene showed me the headquarters for Strange Co. in the back of the Gallery. (sorry guys, this is not open to the public so don't go to the gallery and ask!) Check out their website to see all of the amazing toys =)





After checking out Beyond The Page, Gene, Ashleigh and I had to rush over to Artist Xchange to see our friend Mary's work before it closed. (there's a gap because one piece sold)











Both shows are great; I encourage you to check them out if you're in the area. We ended our night with a nite-cap (or two)



Cheers!

heart,
k

1 comment:

R. M. Hanson said...

You are a really good blogger. I like the photos and I like the stories. It is like I actually see you, and can vicariously partake in your adventures. Oh, Karen O...