Friday, April 24, 2009

Friday Funday

As usual, I set out this morning with every intention for having myself an excellent Friday Funday adventure. But then around lunch, I decided my time would be better spent drawing for my up coming show.
So I thought, perhaps I would document my journey home from work, because I find that we often take for granted the scenery we pass daily.

Thus, around 6, I walked out of my building and took a few pictures.









Then I headed over in the direction of a discount camera store I've passed on several occasions. I've been meaning to get a new camera now for ages, and I thought I'd go in and have a look. Well,, my "just browsing" attitude didn't last for more than 20 minutes, and I am now the proud owner of a Panasonic Lumix FZ28 ha! I don't have a lot of time for shopping you see, and the guy(s) in there were really nice and very informative, so I just went for it. I feel is was only "kind of" an impulse buy, because I really had been wanting a new camera for forever and I had done some research online.. so, only kind of impulsive. You can't really get a sense for how big something is, or what it feels like by just looking at something online. So, I'm happy with my decision to just buy it.

I spent the remainder of the evening playing with my new toy =) Here are some of the photos I took. There are still a lot of things I need to learn, and the manual is quite thick. But I've got a bit of a handle on it so far, having only just skimmed through all of the possibilities my new camera posses.

I'll leave you with the photos I took. Now I really must get to drawing.

heart,
k













































No comments: