Sunday, October 12, 2008

Shooting Gallery/White Walls opening last night

Last night I made a stop by the Shooting Gallery to check out their new show. The Shooting Gallery is connected to another gallery,White Walls which was playing host to a large collection of Mike Giant's work. Both shows are completely amazing. I have been familiar with Mike Giant's work now for awhile, but I never realized that they weren't prints. Everything is done with ink, which makes the pieces just that much more impressive.
To top of the already excellent night, I got to meet Mr. Giant in person.. ! I must admit that I was a little star-struck, and felt kind of ridiculous introducing myself, but Mike is a really nice and socialable guy. He was happy to talk to anyone and was signing his autograph in people's sketchbooks. I didn't ask for an autograph or a photograph, because I didn't want to impose. So I shook his hand, said hello and congratulated him on the great show, then went on my way to let other people do the same.
Here are some photos from both shows. Enjoy!









heart,
k

No comments: