Monday, February 28, 2011

Weekend Update: Ice-Fishing



I didn't have much opportunity to update my blog over the weekend because I spent it up north in the land of snow and faulty internet. It was fantastic.

I went ice fishing for the first time. I am not usually one for winter activities, unless those activities involve drinking whiskey in an 75 degree room.. but ice fishing was pretty fun.

We piled all of the equipment into a sled and towed it behind the snow mobile out onto the lake. Snowmobiling out to the spot is one of the best parts! However, my face did get really cold from the wind - even under a giant helmet, goggles and scarf. (check out awesome photo below..)




Unfortunately, we didn't catch anything, which I suppose is fortunate for the fish. Regardless, I had a really fun time.







And as a bonus, check out my adorable puppy Wally! (Cue awwws from viewers:) Look at that face! You can't tell me you don't have a smile on your face after looking at him. :D



Cheers,
Karen

No comments: