Sunday, March 28, 2010

Treasure City is the Greatest Place on Earth.

Alright, I'm exaggerating. I admit, I am frequent exaggerator. I don't even know if that's a word, but I'm gonna use it, so deal with it! Yeah, everyone is dealing with things now.



Treasure City is the Greatest Place... on the drive up from Mpls to Ryan's parent's house in northern MN. (Perhaps that is a more accurate statement.) We have passed this incredible gem countless times and have never made it inside until this weekend.

Treasure City is an emporium of random gifty crap, and O' is it magnificent! It may just be worth the hour and some odd minutes it takes to get there from Minneapolis. Just don't ask me where it is exactly, because I have no idea. I'm guessing you could google it, but that might take all the fun out of it. I think I better idea is just go on a treasure hunt to find the treasure that is Treasure City. (how many times can you feasibly say treasure in one sentence..?)



You probably wouldn't want to buy anything once you get there. Unless you take children with you. If you have children with you, you're screwed. You'll probably be in there for days, and walk about with armfuls of junk that will inevitably be lost in the back seat of your car, and/or end up in next year's garage sale. You will also have an armful of broken items that you had to buy because your child knocked it on the ground. Don't put too much blame on said child, though. It probably wasn't their fault. Treasure City is designed for children to knock fragile and breakable things on the ground.









On the upside, they have 50 cent cans of pop, hunting knives and fireworks. So perhaps you will need to buy a few things for yourself.



Treasure City is glorious. It was everything I dreamed it could be.

1 comment:

allison said...

OH MY GOD RIGHT?! Alex went to school in Bemidji, ans I would stop there EVERY TIME I VISITED! I've been meaning to stop there again for a new pair of moccasins. I feel like they are a bit cheaper there for some reason.