Sunday, March 28, 2010

Baby Shower

Wowsers! It's been a long time since I've updated my blog, and for those of you (all three of you) who read this regularly, I'm terribly sorry! I've been kind of all over the place for the past couple of weeks, so I'll break up my update-post into several.

A few weeks ago was my sister's baby shower. Perhaps appropriately, she asked me to help out by designing the invitations. (I've blurred out her address as I'm sure she doesn't want the whole world to know where she lives.)





I took lots of photos of the actual shower, which was fairly low-key, (no ridiculous baby-themed games for us, thanks) but as they are mostly just of family members, I'll only share a few of the one semi 'babish' thing we did, which was decorate cupcakes.







My sister ended up was some excellent gifts. A lot of clothes actually, which I think is kind of funny. Everyone wants to buy baby clothes because they're cute. Surprisingly, they only got two packs of diapers... I thought that's what everyone gives..?

You can never really go wrong with buying a pregnant lady diapers, even if she wants to go all-natural with cloth diapers. At some point you need to have the 'fake' ones, for instance, if you're out and about all day. What, are you supposed to hold on to a poopy rag in your purse all day? I think not. I'm pretty sure mother nature will forgive you for days like that.

No comments: