Monday, January 4, 2010

Funday

Yesterday Ryan and I had a mini-funday adventure. First we headed over to the Umber Studios gallery to see Allen and his work. (Ryan had yet to see it) The show is only up for a few more days, so go check it out if you haven't already!

Then we just drove around for awhile. We went down by the Mississippi River, and drove around a few of the lakes. We thought about going to Minnehaha Falls, but you have to tromp through a large field to get there, and I wasn't wearing the appropriate footwear for a journey through 3 feet of snow..

We eventually ended up in Saint Paul, where we spotted the top of the "Witch's Hat", and decided to go there, because neither of us had ever been.



The Witch's Hat is actually a water tower (located in Prospect Park) The tower sits on top of a small hill, which they did in order to help increase water pressure for the houses below, and offers and amazing view of Minneapolis. Unfortunately you can't see Saint Paul because there are too many over-grown trees.





We didn't stay long because it was freezing cold, but we did stay just long enough for some "sledding"






On the way home we stopped by a boutique called I Like You in North East


It's an amazing boutique filled with art from local artists, selling everything from t-shirts, jewelry, prints, magnets, purses, soap, scarves, and the like.




One artist, whose work I first saw over the summer when I came back for a visit, is Adam Turman. His screen prints are beautiful, and I really like his comic-book style of drawing. (images below are from Adam's website) Once I have a little more extra cash lying around, I will definitely go back and purchase some of his prints.





2 comments:

Chris said...

The Witch's Tower! I like to tell people that it's my moms house.

Karen O said...

hahaha!