Monday, February 8, 2010

Till Death Do Us Part Opening

First and foremost, THANK YOU to everyone who attended our opening on Friday at the Rogue Buddha; we had a really great turn out and it was a total blast! I meant to post these photos over the weekend, but I actually got really, really sick on Saturday. Luckily, it appears to have only been a 24 hour bug and I am feeling much better now.

Here are a few photos of our progress of putting the show together. The hardest part about hanging the show was deciding how to display everything. Once we got that figured out, the actual installation only took about an hour.









Ryan, who is much better at hand-drawn typography than I am, painted our show sign for us. We also saved quite a bit of money just doing it ourselves as opposed to using vinyl lettering.



Here are some photos from the opening:











My photos are not the best quality, I know. After a certain point I was too busy running around to focus on taking pictures. Luckily, I am friends with some really amazing photographers, Patrick Kelley and Todd Townley, who were (naturally) also snapping photos that night. So a big THANK YOU to them as well!



















I also want to give a much deserved, THANK YOU, to my friends Erika, Jared, Todd, and AJ (and anyone else who I may have missed) for helping us bartend. You guys rock!



Last, but certainly not least, THANK YOU to Nick and the Rogue Buddha Gallery for hosting this event.

If you missed the opening, there's still time to check out/purchase the work. We also have a number of prints for sale for only $15 for those who like the work but can't quite afford the originals.

And don't forget about our Closing Reception this Sunday, Feb. 14th (a.k.a Valentines Day) hosted in part by L'etoile.

So make this Valentines Day suck a lot less by enjoying great art, great company, and cheap booze at the Rogue Buddha!

No comments: